We Need Bleach the Splotchy Virus Wont Go Away

Becca has given me the virus again!

Here are the rules for the virus directly from good ole Splo-krakakow himself!
"ere's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five
participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours.



A begining by Splotchy:
I had been shuffling around the house for a few hours and already felt tired. The doorbell rang. I opened the front door and saw a figure striding away from the house, quickly and purposefully. I looked down and saw a bulky envelope. I picked it up. The handwriting was smudged and cramped, and I could only make out a few words.

Becca adds:
I opened the envelope tearing it from the top and pulled a thick bunch of papers out. The papers looked strange almost as though they were glowing, this caught me by surprise and I dropped the papers. They scattered as they fell a slight breeze blowing them accross my porch. I wanted to turn around go back inside but curiousity got the better of me and I picked them up once again, struggling against another gust of wind to pick the last piece up. When I was finally had all of them I said on a chair and started to read...well I tried to read...they had writing unlike anything I'd seen before, strange undecipherable symbols. I gave it a second try hoping there would be something I would recognize among the pictographs and the paper started to glow again and the more I concentrated on it the stronger the glow became until it was so bright I could barely look at it. I turned away for a moment to sheild my eyes and when I looked back the pictographs had vanished leaving instead English, honest to god, plain as day English... I read the words aloud without even realizing what I was doing...

"You may have already won...won? Won what?" I asked a saucer like shape descended into my front yard.

And now my contribution:

"As I sat there with anticipation of meeting beings from another planet (or maybe another dimension or ZOMG BOTH) I started thinking "What would I say to these marvelous beings who were soon to invade my house?

And it came to me? The most important thing to our Democracy, dare I say it, to the fate of our Mother Earth.

I looked into their 7 eyes (well 6 one eye was on the back of their heads) and proudly exclaimed "Do you think George Bush is a great President or the greatest President EVAH?"

If you want the virus pick it up and run with it.

Comments

Becca said…
Awww thank for doing this! Your contribution was great! This is like the most fun meme ever!

Popular posts from this blog

54 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS A YEAR

Maybe It Is Time To Stop Being Angry

It Is Not A Problem It Is Just The Way It Is