Not The Post I Thought I Was Typing

Damn me and my short attention span!
:)
The original post was meant to be how stupid I am because I had a pack of cigarettes with three cigs left in them and then and couldn't find them and then I heard the washing machine and went "HMMMMMMMMM"
Sure enough plastic, cardboard, and tobacco all through my laundry.

Instead as I cleaned wet tobacco out of my clothes and started packing for my upcoming trip to San Diego my thoughts turned to Mom and one of my many trips back to Texas while she was still in this physical world.

My trips to Texas fall into three categories.

Quick trip to Brenham to see family.
Quick trip to Ft. Worth to pretend I'm still 20 and a Junior at TCU.
And the special bonus "Tour of Texas Trip" where i travel from Houston to Brenham to Ft. Worth and back again and come back to Baltimore.

On one of my "Tour" trips I came back to Brenham the day before I went back to the Houston Airport and spent some time with Mom and Dad.

Being a Momma's boy Ma asked me if I had any laundry that she could do.

As the woman was dieing of cancer, not even in my most selfish stage could I let her do my laundry for me.

I thought I had the perfect out.

"Ma", I said, "I'd hate for you to do my laundry and it be wrinkled when I got home"

(And yes I know I've written this before but aint that the beauty of blogs? Write it again!)

My 67 year old, dear loving Mother, who I love with all my heart gave me a look that would have melted steel.
"Steven", she said, "I can do laundry and pack it so it does not wrinkle!

And once again I realized how lucky I am to have such a great Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

54 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS A YEAR

Maybe It Is Time To Stop Being Angry

It Is Not A Problem It Is Just The Way It Is