Unnatural Horrors of Being An Uncle

Really this is what I have to put up with.

If you know anything about me you know I lurves me some TCU.
I'd go as far to say no one in Maryland would even know about TCU if not for me (not to mention the folks on the island of Costa Rica)

Back in the early 1800's when I was looking at colleges I had narrowed it down to three.

Texas Lutheran because we were all good Lutherans and it was not a bad school. My nephew Cam is going there this year so good thing he doesn't have to hear about "Drunk Uncle Steve" stories on that campus.

The second was the university of texas in austin (yes all small letters on purpose)but it was such a huge freaking school back then (and still is) I really did not think i had what it took to be in the middle of 30 thousand other people in school. Hell I barely graduated from Wichita Falls High School.

And my niece Taylor is going to UT much to my chagrin.

Which brings us back around to TCU (really there is a point here somewhere)

The band director at TCU (Prof as we called him Diamond Jim Jacobson as he was known in the biz)wife went to my high school and PRESTO band scholarship to TCU.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

I get home this evening and there is a package on my door. Very odd for me but also a little exciting.

It was from my sister Sheri.

Inside was a great photo of all three kids (cam Ali and Taylor) and...................A UT HAT!!!!111!!!23434!!09475094NOOEEESSSSS

We hated UT in college. We could not beat them at anything they always kicked our ass. Always!

GAHHH ERRGHHHHH

But to show how much I love Taylor here is a picture of me with a UT hat on. Cache it people 'cause it may not happen again!

Comments

Great post! Perfect use of the hat!

Love ya,
Grannie
giggles said…
What fun!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

54 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS A YEAR

Lessons in Bad Parenting: Lesson 6

Maybe It Is Time To Stop Being Angry